VUMELA IT SERVICES (PTY) LIMITED (hereinafter “VUMELA”) respects and values your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of the users of this website and safeguarding of such information.
2. WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We collect personal information in the following circumstances:
– Visit our website or social media channels
– Log an enquiry on our website
– Apply for a job listed on our site
– Participate in customer surveys or market research
– Contact us
– Give consent to a third party to send us personal information about you.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
VUMELA considers all information that could identify you directly or indirectly as personal information:
DATA WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT:
– browser information.
– duration of your visit.
– web pages you visit.
– hyperlinks you select.
– information about your connection, such as your IP-address.
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE (WHEN SUBSCRIBING TO OUR NEWSLETTER/ELECTRONIC ENQUIRY/JOB APPLICATION):
– Information about your identity: name; address; postal code; place of residence; country; (mobile)
phone number; email address; other personal information.
– Information about our commercial relationship, your enquiries or communication with us or third
parties, your preferences and interest
– Technical information: IP address and navigation through our website
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We process your personal information on the following legal grounds:
– For the performance of a contract.
– For our legitimate interest, including marketing purposes.
– For compliance with legal obligations
We process your personal information for the following purposes on the noted legal grounds:
– To process your job application
– Website administration
– To provide you with relevant content
– To contact you via email, message, or phone
– To understand how people are using our websites and related services and to improve our website,
including website administration
– To personalise your experience, the content, and advertisements on our website
– To manage your requests (including complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and removal of personal information)
– To comply with legal requirements based on law and regulation, and where appropriate for the
prevention and detection of fraud.
5. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not share your personal information with anyone.
– We may use third party processors to process your personal information and data
– We may disclose your personal information to third parties, if we are required to do so by court, law, or legislation (for example, holders of intellectual property, supervisory authorities, Tax and Customs administration, the police or other legal entities).
– We will not disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary and legitimate to protect the safety or rights of a third party or to protect our rights.
We will, for as long as your personal information is used, keep a record of any third party to whom the personal information was disclosed, the date of disclosure and the purpose of the disclosure.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for a period necessary to fulfil the purposes of processing of your personal information and as may be reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable law.
We will delete and/or destroy any personal information which has become obsolete.
7. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable organizational and technical measures to help secure your personal data and to help prevent unauthorized access, illegal processing, or distribution, as well as accidental loss, modification, or destruction.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
8. DIRECT MARKETING
VUMELA may send marketing and promotional communications and materials to you. You may opt-out from receiving such communications by contacting VUMELA at the details provided or by clicking on the opt-out link that will be contained in the relevant electronic communication.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. YOUR RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
You have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete personal information about you. You can furthermore withdraw your consent at any time. You may submit this request to us by the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that we have inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date personal data about you, or if you suspect that we incorrectly processed your personal data, you may ask us at any time to correct that information. Through the abovementioned contact details or the displayed opt-out-possibilities you may object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
You may request us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
You may also request us to transfer your personal data to another controller. Objections and insight requests, correction, deletion, or transfer will be executed, in accordance with the law.
However, we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
If you have a complaint related to the processing of personal information by us, please submit your complaint to email@example.com. We will review complaints and questions within 4 (four) weeks.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you may contact the Information Regulator and file a complaint if your personal information is misused: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. CONTACT DETAILS
The Information Officer
VUMELA IT SERVICES (PTY) LIMITED
Address: 13 The Boulevard, Westway Office Park, Westville, 3620
Tel: +27 31 275 0325
This policy was last modified on 28 June 2021
– Essential cookies: those used to navigate the website necessary for the basic functioning of the website – these will always be enabled.
– Non-essential: Use of third-party cookies that assist in analysing and understanding your use of this
website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You have the option to
opt-out of these cookies, although by opting out of some of these cookies may influence your browsing experience. These cookies are used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents.
The social media buttons on this website are links to specific social media pages. If you click on a social media button, your personal information will be processed by the specific social media service.
Most browsers allow users to reject all cookies providing a corresponding manual to reject cookies. Please bear in mind that the rejection of cookies may result in a non-functioning website.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY